While shopping for Adirondack chairs the other day, I was randomly stopped by an older woman. She looked like she was my mom’s age, somewhere in her mid sixties, with brightly shining silver hair, and wise eyes. She smiled a huge smile at me that made her eyes crinkle into tiny lines. She pointed at me, referring to the fact that I was wearing a newborn baby, and said “it only gets better as they get older. Just wait!”
Side note: is it more of an indictment on me or my social life that my son is my best friend? Food for thought…
Anyhow, whatever my social status may be, I will admit that while having a baby is delightful and beautiful for all it’s own reasons, having a toddler is just downright cool…
Most and best of all, he is even a sweet caring brother to his baby sister. He protects her from strangers or people that get too close, he gives kisses, rests his head on her chest when they lay next to each other, and never, I mean, NEVER, goes to bed without making sure he says to her, “night, night City!” What the heck did I do to deserve such a warm and loving child? I have no idea.
- New! Extra Absorb Channels help distribute wetness evenly
- Stays Drier and doesn’t Sag like ordinary diapers* *based on size 4 vs. leading value brand
- Pampers’ best fit and protection
- August 30 – September 5, Buy 2 Pampers Giant Packs Get $10 Gift Card
- Giant Packs include: Pampers Cruisers and Pampers Swaddlers diapers and both offers will be available in store and online
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.